Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) Portable Bench Unit - PBU-350
"A perfect portable MPI solution"
The PBU 350 Portable Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) Bench Unit offers great MPI performance teamed with the outstanding quality that Baugh & Weedon is known for. With a long rich history of designing and building MPI benches of all sizes, it is fitting that we have added the portable bench option to our range.
As well as the key features, there are various aspects of the PBU design that set it apart in the marketplace including the ability to add an inking system to the unit offering maximum flexibility to the inspector.
The PBU uses a gas spring to provide the clamping pressure on the headstock that ensures optimum electrical contact with the component under test. We have also developed the coil to offer bi-directional clamping allowing the coil to be manually rotated at 90o for maximum inspection flexibility.
- Only requires a 13 Amp supply.
- Working Ranges: Current Flow 1000 AMPS AC RMS (1800Amps Peak equivalent). HWDC 700 AMPS Twice Mean (=MagAmps), 350Amps Mean equivalent.
- Optional Current Pre-Selection system.
- Stainless Steel construction.
- Compact with integral Power Pack.
- AC / HWDC magnetising.
- Shot times of 1, 2 and 3 seconds as standard (dual shot times also available)
- Demagnetisation cycle.
- Gas spring pressure on Headstock & Manual Locking Tailstock.
- Current Flow - copper braid contact pads & V-block supports.
- Optional Flux Flow.
- Footswitch for ease-of-use.
- Optional “Bi-Directional” Coils.
The PBU-350 is offered with a choice of 100mm or 150mm MPI Coil that is clamped between the head and tailstocks. The advantage with the Baugh & Weedon PBU-350 Coils is that they are bi-directional meaning that one coil can be turned at 90o and clamped in either direction, meaning that defects can easily be investigated in either direction.
Optional Flux Flow
The standard PBU Unit is built with Current Flow. However, Flux Flow can be added integrally to the PBU-350 unit allowing the user to find transverse defects without needing to use a coil.
Design & Manufacture Expertise
The PBU-350 project was completed in 2015 making the PBU-350 the most up-to-date Portable MPI Bench Unit on the market. Designed and manufactured in the UK by the Baugh & Weedon team, the PBU-350 comes with pedigree in MPI Bench manufacture. The team has been designing and building MPI Benches for over 30 years and all PBU Units are made from Stainless Steel using the best components available.